Before you make the decision to join your spouse abroad you should think about money and finances. But often expat partners shy away from this topic. Finance expert Katharina Gehra explains in this interview why expat partners should also look at the lifetime earnings potential and which numbers they should factor into the decision. Katharina advertises to have open and very transparent conversations with the spouse to find a way together.
I talk to Katharina about:
- Why women shouldn’t be afraid of money and finances
- Why it is also not too late to save some money when you are already 40plus
- Why expat partners need to discuss money openly with their partners
- Why it is necessary to look at the numbers even though it hurts
- At what numbers you really need to look at
- Why it is hard for some expat partners to get back into the job after having lived abroad
- Why it is even good for a relationship when the spouses talk about money
- What changes when children come into the picture
- What a lifetime earnings potential is and how this is affected by the time you live abroad
If you have questions or feedback for Katharina just email me to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will forward your message to Katharina.
As we discussed the victim role and victim mentality in the interview I did a video on this topic in which I explain it and show you 5 ways out of it. You can find the video here.
Do you have an idea or feedback for me?
When you have an idea for a topic that you want to be covered in the podcast, please write me an e-mail under email@example.com on Facebook or Instagram. I will either answer your question myself in an episode or will find an expert who can do this.
Who and where are you?
I am so curious who you are and where you are in the world. I would be so happy if you wrote me an e-mail under firstname.lastname@example.org send me messages on Facebook or Instagram to let me know where you are and what you are doing while listening to the podcast. If you add a picture, I would be extra happy!
If you never want to miss another episode of the Expat Partner Podcast…
…please subscribe to the podcast in your favorite podcast app or here on iTunes.
Join the Expat Partner Circle
Become a member of my Expat Partner Circle and become a part of a group of expat partners who support each other. This is a newsletter for expat partner and I share lots of information and coaching knowledge. I also connect the members through webinars and live calls and I am hoping that we can some projects together from time to time. What is important for me is that you are not only connected to me but to like-minded expat partners who want to use this transformational time in their lives to build a life they truly enjoy. Click here and join the Expat Partner Circle now!
- If you have questions or feedback for Katharina just email me to email@example.com and I will forward your message to Katharina.
- As we discussed the victim role and victim mentality in the interview I did a video on this topic in which I explain it and show you 5 ways out of it. You can find the video here.